Room: Bayside Room 5
Number of places: 30
Augmented reality (AR) is changing the educational landscape, with the ability to engage students in endless learning possibilities like never before. This workshop will explore the role of augmented reality in the classroom and how it can be used as a tool to enhance teaching and learning through an astonishing and interactive 4D user experience.
During this session, participants will learn:
- what augmented reality is and how it works,
- the benefits of using augmented reality in an educational setting,
- how a 4D user experience can facilitate learning and achieve learning objectives,
- about a number of different apps and resources applicable across all subjects,
- and how to use them to transform the classroom experience.
Participants will have the opportunity to interact with a number of different apps and digital resources, adopting the perspective of student in a variety of activities. They will leave the workshop with a number of new tools in their digital tool-belt, with the knowledge of how to implement AR in the classroom - and beyond!
BYOD and headphones necessary for participation.