This presentation will introduce the concept of Gamification, how it is used in real world situations, and how it can be used in education.
The session will include the following topics:
* Definition of Gamification, and examples of both good and bad implementations of Gamification.
* Finding the fun - Tapping into emotions to get the job done.
* Game elements - Points, badges and leaderboards.
* Designing games - Taking the player on a journey via onboarding, * scaffolding, and mastery.
* Motivational design - Consideration of behaviourism and reward structures to motivate people.
* Process of designing Gamification in an education context
Room: Bourke 3
Number of places: 40